I have been playing around with GPFS on SLES for some days now and have compiled a quick HOWO for installation of the system.
- You must have root-access for the servers you are installing on
- You must compile GPFS kernel modules
- You must have access to the GPFS-packages from IBM
- Install all 4 rpm files
- Install needed packages for compilation: zypper in gcc xorg-x11-devel gcc-c++ kernel-source
- Download the latest patch from IBM*
- Compile it: cd /usr/lpp/mmfs/;make Autoconfig;make World;make InstallImages
Now you should have GPFS up and running without too much hazzle.
(* Patches are not always needed to make it work, but in case you encounter compilation errors, the latest patch should fix them)